Winter is Coming: 5 Tips for Getting Your Vehicle Winter-Ready
Michigan is no stranger to rough winters, and at Russ Milne Ford we know how crucial it is to have a safe and reliable vehicle during this cold and sometimes brutal season. Even though we’re enjoying crisp fall weather and snow probably won’t be here for a few months (fingers crossed), now is a great time to think about how you can prep your car for winter and be ahead of the curve when it arrives.
If you’re ready to get your car prepped for the upcoming season, use our online scheduler to set up a time and date that works for you to drop off your Ford at our service center! Below are some things we can help you with and things you can do yourself.
Steps we can help you with at our service center:
- How are your winter tires looking? If you’ve had them for a few years or you’ve just bought a new Ford a few months ago and don’t have a set, now is a perfect time to order some through our online tire center!
- A healthy battery means your car will turn on. Our service center team can check your battery and give you a thumbs up or order and install a new one if necessary.
- Just like you don’t want a broken a/c in the summer, you don’t want a broken heater in the winter. If you suspect something is wrong with your heating system, bring it in and we’ll diagnosis the issue so you don’t freeze.
Steps you can do from the comfort of your home:
- Now is the time of year when critters are looking for warm places. Pop your hood and make sure they haven’t been making a home. Signs to look for include bite marks and leaves.
- Update your car’s emergency kit with winter-appropriate tools. This includes a collapsible shovel and kitty litter in case you get stuck, an extra scrapper, gloves/hat/blanket, flashlight, and some high-energy snacks.